Feed Shark When I Grow Up: Starting Something New

11 July 2006

Starting Something New


0500 - forgot to re-set the alarm clock.

Don't have to wake up until 0600 on Tuesdays.

Quiet house.

Twilight.

Rural Southern morning-style.

Light fog.

June bugs on the sidewalk. Better than on the roses or the blueberries.

Sprayed the roses, twice already. Refuse to spray the blueberries.

I eat them off the bushes when we're picking.

Big spiderweb between the two posts on the front porch.

Walked right smack into it.

When I grow up I want to do all this again - live in the country; get to travel to some fun places (like the photo - Istanbul); play as a photographer; have a wonderful family; and finally settle into a regular life where I go to work in the morning, come home in the evening, have dinner, go swimming with the kids at the "Y", and settle in with a good book at the end of the day.

Except for the spiderweb part, maybe. I knew it was there. I avoided it twice last night while out with the dog. Should've know better.

Story of my life.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up