Feed Shark When I Grow Up: Euro 2008 - Turkiye!

21 June 2008

Euro 2008 - Turkiye!

You can read all the details here but the important thing is that, even though Croatia kicked the Turks in the mouth (yes, literally - this is football, after all) in the first half, the persistence of the Turks paid off and they won in penalty shootouts.

Maybe, just maybe, the Brit announcers will learn how to pronounce Galatasaray, Beşiktaş, and Fenerbahçe properly during the Semi-Finals. Their emPHAsis is on the wrong syLLAble.

It's hard to get good football (yes, I know we Americans call it soccer, I played it all of my formative years) on the tube, and even harder when the games happen in the middle of the work day. That's why I was awake unto 0330 this morning - watching the replay.

I may have to call in "well" Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up