Feed Shark When I Grow Up: Just about here

23 June 2008

Just about here

My youngest son picked the first ripe blueberry out of our orchard yesterday. That means we'll be picking in earnest by the vacation weekend of the 4th!

I can hardly wait since last year's crop was abysmal due to a late frost. Abysmal as in we didn't get an entire gallon from all 18 bushes.

This year's crop looks to be one of the best we've seen in our 7 seasons.

Of course, next year we hope to have about 50 more plants in the ground and maybe get some muscadines and scuppernongs off the 30 yr. old +/- plants given to me by my uncle.

The plum trees are growing nicely as is the Granny Smith green apple tree and the pear tree actually has two pears on it. Quite the surprise since this is only it's first full growing season.

The peaches never produce. I have no idea why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up