Feed Shark When I Grow Up: My New Addiction

18 July 2008

My New Addiction

I'm a goner.

I am so sunk.

My 14 yr. old son called me from a yard sale Saturday morning to wake me to an entirely new world of addiction. He brought me full-tilt into this world and I am in a whole new barrel of trouble.

I spent 2 hrs last night hidden from my family; slinking around the workshop; trying to figure out how to explain this to my wife when she starts to notice.

I then spent another 3 hrs working on stuff to help make this addiction work better for me.

I've fallen into woodturning.

Used lathe; turning tools that need sharpening, honing, polishing; new sharpening stones and guides; increased power bills; piles of wood shavings on the workshop floor; a burning desire to pore over every pile of wood I see from now to forever; an even bigger burning desire to spend a whole bunch of money buying up new toys, er, I mean, tools that, of course I need; these are all symptoms of my new-found addiction.

My son will likely never get to use the lathe.

That's not true. He's home a lot more than I am during the daytime.

Somebody needs to rescue me now before I hit rock bottom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up