Feed Shark When I Grow Up: Yum!

09 July 2008

Yum!





We went berry picking last Friday - mainly to gather in the taste of my wife's childhood, black raspberries. Of course, since there were red raspberries just beginning to ripen . . . well, the kids couldn't resist (and we didn't try to stop them).

Queen's Berry Farm, in Brevard, NC is a really cool place and not just because of the berries. We picked rhubarb and onions and could've stuck around all day just chatting and snapping pictures of the flowers, barn, signs, berries, and butterflies and a really cool beetle.





I think it's time for a Saturday trip to Highway 11 with some 5-gallon buckets to pick blackberries.

Our very own blueberry crop just started in earnest yesterday. I came home to find a freshly picked gallon on the table inside the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up