Feed Shark When I Grow Up: You know you spend too much time at the computer when . . .

27 May 2009

You know you spend too much time at the computer when . . .

Your google reader bloglist looks like this . . .

A Spattering of blogs - some serious, some farcical, some inane, some just plain cool . . .

Cheating Death - ER related - 'cause I was an adrenalin junky for 5 years working in the local trauma center as a crisis/trauma/bereavement counselor.

ER Nursey

LPN with an M16

Tales from the ER and Beyond -

The LawDog Files

The Mad Parson - mad, as in insane, but timely and thought-provoking

today's lessons - the first blog I ever found, discovered through a David Wilcox connection - imagine that! It hit a chord because of the family-oriented, homeschool, just-plain-life-on-display nature of it.

Cattails: Adventures of a Very Bad Cat - sometimes, but not on Thursdays. Working in an ER, for 5 years, I had enough TMI every day that ends in "y"

Daily Portion - love the "world class dabbler" designation - I can so relate! I also keep up with her flickr page daily

Dekor Beton - my friends in Istanbul with whom I worked for nearly 3 years in the decorative concrete business - Istanbul is a great city and the folks who run the business are just wonderful people.

EarthChick - OK, so it's her knitting blog, and I certainly don't knit, and she doesn't post that often, so I usually just catch up via her flickr page

DeathChic - cause I have a sense of the macabre - I blame in on the ER

Christ is Deeper Still - cause it's well worth reading

Edwin Leap - ER MD who writes for the local paper

Euangelion - another worth reading

internetmonk.com I browse this one mostly.

The Paragon School of Shooting - Sporting Clays tips

Pioneer Woman - discovered through a photo blog (listed below) and discovered cool photos and some homeschool stuff

Teleios Ministry - some friends of mine from work have traveled to Tanzania to work with an orphanage over there.

The Kapics - college friend who now has triplets!!!! I absolutely can't imagine.





THE Flyfishing STUFF:

Fishing with Marcus

Bent Rod Media

Jubal Mountain

Catch Magazine - working for the actual online mag is my current dream job! Catch Magazine

R&R Fly Fishing

Felt Soul Media - discovered him through moldychum.com somehow - not that I keep up with moldychum anymore

52 Trout

Modern Hillbilly - Married to Very Bad Cat

Perspicacious Words



PHOTOGRAPHY!!! - the really big category

Amy Martin Photography - SE regional photographer

Cheyenne Schultz - Charlotte, NC-based photographer

Mayfield Photography - SE regional photographer

Ruth Rackley Photography - Clinton, SC-based photographer

Professional Photographers of South Carolina - one day I'll actual be a member and make the meetings.

The Beautiful Mess - Charlotte, NC-based photographer

Lightroomers - I read alot about Adobe Lightroom because I use it at the office and at home

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips - what a mouthful for a blog

Ask the Photographer

Chase Jarvis - this guy absolutely rocks - from photography to videography to just plain cool & creative.

Confessions of a Photographer - Bert Stephani - one of the founding members of LIME (link later)

Digital ProTalk - Cincinnati, OH-based photographer

Erin Browne Photography

Inside Lightroom

Go Boda - because I want one of these systems

FlashFlavor - Matt Adcock & his wife Sol Tamargo shoot some fantastic destination & Trash the Dress stuff - amazing work!!!!

Maring Photography

Lighting Mods

Lightroom News - yes, another Lightroom blog

Paul Souders Photography

Creative Pro

Photography Tips & Lessons

Photoshop Insider - Scott Kelby - the progenitor of the Worldwide Photowalk - happening this year on July 18th - when I hope to be on a butterfly count in Aiken, SC

PocketWizard's - because I really want these, even though I currently use two different remote systems

Ed Pingol - San Francisco-based photographer who does just amazing work. I have no desire to be a wedding photographer, but his use of off-camera flash is fantastic!

Squeeze the LIME - European group of photographers who put out some really fun, instructive posts for photographers.

Vincent LaForet - if you have time (or can even remotely consider MAKING time), check out his videos on SmugMug - the guy creates the coolest stuff. Of course, he has all the good toys, er tools. Yeah. Tools. That's what I meant to type.

Photowalk Pro

Strobist - the guy responsible for about 98% of the above photographic blog findings on my part and a true instructor when it comes to lighting.

If I've missed yours, send me the link and I'll add it, too.

Why not, I only have 19 posts left to catch up on from today.

So, what're you reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up