Feed Shark When I Grow Up: An Advent Thought

30 November 2009

An Advent Thought

I have no idea if what follows is mine or, if not, where I got it. I can't imagine it's mine. It's probably Buechner's or somebody else's because it's just not my thought processes.

But it is written in my journal from December 1, 1998 . . .

Advent is that which is coming.

Advent is an unimaginable invasion . . .
an invasion of holiness.

Advent is like the hush in a theater just before the curtain rises.

Advent is like the hazy ring around the winter moon that means the coming of snow which will turn the night to silver.

Soon.

But for the time being - our time, darkness is where we are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raymond said...

I was correct in thinking this belongs to Buechner.

It's from his Dec 1 meditation in the little book "Listening to Your Life".

I just pulled that book out last night to look at something and thought about this note.

It has some wonderful little considerations in it that are worth the read.

Tuesday, 05 April, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up