Feed Shark When I Grow Up

19 April 2010

0500

Monday morning.


BEEP!!!! BEEP!!! BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really can't be that time already?

And why do my eyes feel like someone took 80 grit sandpaper to them?

I haven't even walked outside.

I haven't even gotten out of bed!!!

Seriously?  I know the atmosphere is full of billions of these little 10-20 micron-sized particles that are intended to do nothing other than vigorously irritate my eyes, sinuses, and airway.

But already?

Could they not wait at least until after coffee?


And who told Toyota they could install the brightest LED tail lights know to mankind on their pickup trucks?

They have to know some poor unsuspecting soul would have to be stuck behind a brake-happy commuter in the thick of sandpaper pollen season.

Three doses of Opcon-A by lunchtime and still my eyes look as though I'm hungover from a 3-day binge. 

It feels worse than welding burn.

Lights off in the office.  Eyes closed for all but the tasks necessary to visually observe - thankfully, typing with my eyes closed is something I mastered during my college years, now if I could only proofread with them closed!!.

Nap over lunch - not so much to sleep as to simply close my eyes in hopes they will find relief in the darkness.  It doesn't work.  They still burn.  Were my capillaries blue my eyes would look like a coastal marshland, populated by rivulets streaming in various and sundry directions.  Were they any more red, they would look like something from a horror movie.

Sunglasses don't help 

Only darkness.

Never do I recall hoping a beautiful Spring day would be over so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up