Feed Shark When I Grow Up: The Whole World Has Turned Yellow

07 April 2010

The Whole World Has Turned Yellow

It's one of my favorite seasons -  Springtime.





Which means lots of green fields.


And lots of fields that will be green, but right now they are just red clay-colored.




Lots of gorgeous flowers . . .









from tulips and a few dwindling daffodils to burgeoning dogwoods and redbuds to Wisteria



Lots of Wisteria!

The stuff is everywhere!  I even have a stop planned this afternoon on the way home (or on the way in tomorrow) to shoot a pine forest infested with it.

But, with all the beauty, comes the overarching blight of springtime . . .



Pollen.

Pollen is one of those paradoxical things around here.  We love to hate it, but we can't do without it.  Without it the flowers wouldn't flower, the blooms wouldn't bloom, the fruits wouldn't fruit, and my allergies would likely not exist.

Even my (black) shoes have a tinge of yellow-green to them compliments of the clouds of pine & oak pollens that have engulfed the atmosphere.

Rain every couple of days would be nice.  Wash the accursed beautiful stuff out of the air.

And then there's the bugs

I washed my windshield last night after pulling the truck in the garage for the evening.

Within two miles, my windshield looked like this . . .


Darned suicidal insects.

As if the pollen cloaking my truck isn't bad enough, now I have to deal with bugs divebombing my windows at sunrise.

At least 20 of the biggest dang things splattered themselves all over the windshield.

And my washer fluid was empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up