Feed Shark When I Grow Up: Butterfly adventures!

17 June 2010

Butterfly adventures!

Butterflies are my daughter's passion.

She's eleven and knows more about them than I can imagine.  She's taught me tons about them and as a result we've gotten involved with a couple of organizations geared toward educating, conserving, and enjoying butterflies.


NABA.org holds organized counts throughout the season(s) with one big push around the 4th of July (give or take a week).  We have been able to participate in a few of them, most notably the one held @ Congaree National Park each summer.  The next one happens the 26th of June and we're planning to be there again!

There are likely counts in your area, so check out their maps page to see what's around.

There are also a lot of photographic opportunities for all sorts of nature shots on these walks - from butterflies and other sorts of insects to flowers to birds and anything else around.

I stick most of my butterfly pictures into one set on my flickr.com page


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up