Feed Shark When I Grow Up: (mis) informed

19 June 2012

(mis) informed


All it takes is a phone call.

Or catch me out in the yard - I'll stop whatever I'm doing.

So will most of my neighbors.

A few minutes to stop into someone's office or home or favorite hangout to catch up with them and find out what's really going on in their lives - that's one of the things I enjoy.

People are important in my life.

I can leave the fishing, photography, hiking, woodturning, and online stuff alone for as long as I need - or want to, if there are people with whom I can converse.

Especially face-to-face.

It's one of the things I do not like about blogging, social media,  e-mail, texting and such.

It takes the personal out of it.  Of course it's obvious that as I sit here and type these very words it's a bit inane.

OK!  So it's probably completely pointless, senseless, and ridiculously foolish to think that my phone is going to ring off the hook or that my yard will be swarmed with visitors - we do live waaaaaay out there for even the folks closest to where I grew up was reared.

But it's one of the reasons this little place stays so barren.

You'll find me on the mower or the pond bank or in the hammock or the swing hanging from the maple in the front yard.  Maybe wandering down along the creek bank with a kid or my camera.  Maybe pulling weeds or roofing a shed or riding my bike around the country side (again, probably with a kid).

Maybe relaxing on the couch with a book or editing photographs - lots of that going on these days, for certain.

But this place will likely be barren for a while, along with all the other online & electronic haunts.

Call me.  We'll go fishing.  Or photographing.  Or hiking.  Or to lunch or dinner.

Or just sit and talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to When I Grow Up